Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lydia Lucille Kello-- "Lidi Lu"






I will first start out by saying that Lydia is by far the sweetest baby you will ever met!! There is not a day go by that she doesn't have a smile on her face!! Now to the trouble she gave us before we got to met her!! My pregnancy with Lydia was going just like all the other ones-- No problems!! At around my 28 week check up I had told the doctor that I didn't really feel her move often and I thought it was because I am so preoccupied with everything else after all I had 3 other little girls at home. She scheduled an ultrasound right away but never really seemed concerned! We went in at 30 weeks for the ultrasound and then to met with the doctor. As the doctor walked in the room I just knew that things weren't OK. She told me that my fluid around the baby was very low and that we needed to head up to St. V's for an emergency high def ultrasound. I didn't think that it was possible to love someone without even meeting them until you think that there might be chance that it might not go right! So off John and I went up to St. V's with me crying the whole way! After getting up there things seemed to not be as bad as they thought but it was something that defiantly had to be watched so with that said I had to have a high risk ultrasound every other week and they started steroid shots to make sure that Lydia's lungs were developed. As time got closer to meeting Lydia the harder things got-- I could not keep anything down to the point that I was in the hospital a few times to have fluid ran through an IV. At 33 weeks I had to have NST's done every other day and a regular ultrasound once a week(also Lydia was still doing flips and turns and was never head down 2 times in a row). The doctor wanted me to make it to 35 weeks so that she could still delivery Lydia Hendricks!! And we made it to exactly 35 weeks and I went in on a Sunday night and they start cervidel and pitocin was scheduled for the morning! I had a great night sleep and was well rested when I woke up the next morning!! John and I were ready to met our little baby! Everything seemed to be going right on track-- I had dilated with the cervidal and the pitocin was working and they gave me my epidural right away!! Another doc had come in to break my water when she realized that there was something obstructing her path to break my water!! She said to me " We are going to prep you for an emergency C-section because we are losing her heartbeat and it is NOT her head that I am feeling!!" John and I had many what if talks about a C-section and he didn't want to be in the room! When they said that I asked him what he was going to do and he said I'M GOING!! I honestly had never ever been so scared in my life so I was glad that he was going to go!! So off we went RUNNING down the hall and hopefully to met my doctor in the OR!! When we go there they checked me again and Lydia had moved AGAIN and she was head down! So we didn't have to have a c-section after all!! They took my back to my room and I delivered little Lydia at 1:41 p.m. and she weighed 5 lbs and 11 oz and was 19 inches long!! She was so tiny and beautiful!! And yes the reason we lost her heart beat and they felt something besides her head was because the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck!! Lydia is now the 8 months old and just a bundle of joy!! After all the trouble she gave us she has taken us by surprise!! She is crawling around everywhere, trying to pull herself up and has 2 little bottom teeth! We love our little Lidi Lu!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that day and your pregnancy! I'm glad she's healthy and so darn cute! :)

    ReplyDelete